Wednesday 22 June 2016

Another month has passed with more work being done to the Hybrid. Literally we are weeks away from this trip with everything is falling into place.

I hit on the brakes in an earlier post, I wasn't planning to doing this upgrade but on a local "for sale" page these drilled/grooved disc's came up for sale at a great price, I just couldn't let them pass. At the same time I repacked the bearings, changed seals that needed replacing and replaced the brake pads. Even though I have new brake pads on the hybrid, I have new sets for both the front and rear in my reserve parts container.


Next came the awning that I made which clamps onto the roll cage of the hybrid. Using light weight square steel/aluminium pipes I created a frame which I can place a tarp over. The frame uses a simple attachment that is clamped to the roll cage as a sturdy mounting point. The awning is 1.8m x 2.8m which is plenty enough for 2 people to have a table and chairs under for protection from the elements. Not in the photo below I have several guide lines with storm spikes that I will use to keep the awning firmly planted.

By going this route using an inexpensive tarp, if it does get damaged, it can easily be replaced by stopping to any hardware shop along the route.



No comments:

Post a Comment