Wednesday 6 July 2016

One of the final upgrades for the hybrid before we take on this road trip is the installation of Air Lift 1000 helper air bags that fit inside the rear springs. This kit that I ordered is for the Defender 90 on standard springs. I have Defender 90 HD rear springs on the rear that are approx 2" taller than the standard springs. I was concerned that these air bags might not fit but I had to remember that the HD rear springs are dual rated, with a fair amount of compression before they enter their HD zone. With that said the air bags fit perfectly inside the springs with no issues with the height differences.


I installed the air lines so that they are using a t-fitting which fills them both at the same time with equal air pressure. The inflation valve is mounted below the rear door. 
First tests have produced a firmer ride all the same time providing a lift in the rear. This weekend I'll begin mounting the rooftop tent and packing the camping gear so that I can set the final ride height. 




No comments:

Post a Comment