Saturday 23 July 2016

Day 11

This morning we woke early to the alarm, yes I know that alarm clock and vacations don't blend but we wanted to make some early progress so that we can stop at a beach for a few hours in the afternoon.

We did our best to divert from the E6 as to see more of the country side and the fishing communities. The coastline in Norway is breathtaking with something new after each bend. I did find on the computer an old disused road after it was replaced by a tunnel. So we took it down to the main highway, which my passenger wasn't pleased about for one second! 😆 Fallen rocks on the asphalt, parts of the road washed away and no rails along the sides of the road were not popular but did make for an exciting 1100 metres decent.

We are now on the tourist route following the coastline till we reach Trondheim. Without risking driving late again we have stopped into a rest stop in Glomfjord. We are over 900 moh and in the forest behind us you can hear the free ranging goats with their bells.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm enjoying reading your blog in the UK and you update it every day! Fantastic.
    Thank you for sharing and stay safe.

    P.S. (got the link to you on lr4x4.com)

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tim, I've got to see and do so many things on this trip that otherwise I would have never done.
    Once I'm home I'll go through all the pictures in the system camera and add a pictorial of the trip.

    Cheers
    Todd.

    ReplyDelete