Saturday 27 February 2016

After enjoying a wet camping season last year I decided that there was going to be change to the sleeping arrangements this year. I've view several different rooftop tents and came to the conclusion that Longroad Camp rooftop tent would suit my needs and wallet best.

Last fall I imported this rooftop tent myself which gave me the freedom to "spec" out the tent as I wanted it and still at the same time saving a healthy chunk of money. On my rooftop tent I specified the color that I wanted (Green) vers the standard color (grey/blueish).
I upgraded the internal tubing from 16mm to 25mm, the better all alloy swivel joints replacing the plastic joints and replaced the standard zippers to the heavy duty YKK zippers.

Once the rooftop tent was sorted then it was onto how I was going to mount it to the Hybrid. For years I've only used one of the supports for the roll cage behind the front seats. With only front seats I didn't need any other protects but the time has come that I needed to install the complete roll cage so that I have some wheres to mount the rooftop tent.







No comments:

Post a Comment