Tuesday 2 February 2016

First Post

Welcome to my blog for my up and coming trip with my 1980 Land Rover Series 3 Hybrid.

For my 50th birthday I plan to hit the road with my old Land Rover for a 7500 km adventure through central Sweden, passing through Finnish Lappland to Norway. In eastern Norway I will head over to the few 3 country boarder points for Norway/Finland/Russia.

Then from there up near to Nordkapp, skirting by the tourist attraction for a hike to Knivskjelodden which is a further 1500m north of Nordkapp.

After that heading back down into Norway following the winding coastline to Alta where I will travel south inland taking the old Postal road into Finland again heading to the next 3 country boarder point for Sweden/Finland/Norway.

Once back in Norway I have found many old gravel passages that I will travel heading south all the time trying to avoid the main highways when possible.

Follow me as I prepare the Hybrid for this trip and progress. Pictures and info will begin shortly.

Thank you,
Todd.


No comments:

Post a Comment